At College

I'm at college now.  Yep, it's a little strange, especially because I don't post life events on this here blog, but I had to. I find it strange to think that this place honestly picked about seven thousand 18-ish year-olds and then said to them, "You're basically on your own...make all of the decisions you want and then live with the consequences."

The gravity of that doesn't even begin to hit you until they say it to you.  It's kind of like telling people you'll meet them for lunch, and it totally works because nobody else was there to interrupt plans. It's total and absolute freedom to either sail above the clouds or quickly crash and burn.

On top of that, they give you all kind of fun statistics that make you feel great about your academic standing - like even being Salutatorian is kind of average here: great!

Anyhow, I'm alive and excited to plan things out. I hope I won't starve cooking for myself, so any simple cooking blog links would be appreciated. I'm starting classes Monday, and last night I had this incredibly spiritual experience that led me to change my major.  BYU is seriously a special place and I hope that I can get out of it what they put into my being here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment