On Patience



Patience is a virtue they say, and usually I have plenty. I can wait for forever for Christmas, for Thanksgiving, for my birthday, even for my mission (3 months, 4 days, and 1 hour as of…now…or this writing.)  The few things I don’t have patience for are the BYU C S lab and whining. I have been sitting here for well over 25 minutes to be helped and it’s in the middle of the day, not even peak hours, mind you. The TA comes over to help for a single problem at a time and then it’s back into the list. I hate this. I feel like they are wasting my time for me and it isn’t fair—that’s my job.

Whining is basically what I do on here…yeah. I just don’t do it out loud very often at all, if at all. It’s not even just the whining itself, people who habitually whine gain this quality to their voice, I swear it! It’s like the world’s way of warning other people, “Hey this one’s a whiner, watch out!”

Patience is probably a quality I will gain much, much more of while on my mission. I hope so at least, this impatience thing is a little unfamiliar and it makes me kind of irritable :/



Gordon B. Hinckley gave an address at BYU in 1998, in which he said, 

“I want to urge you to stand a little taller, to rise a little higher, to be a little better. You have been spoken to along these lines before. If you did not want to hear it again, you did not have to come today. We will take a moment for any of you who would like to leave.”

I would like to hope that I would be one who sat resolutely, open and ready for the self-improvement talk that followed. Here’s a link: BYU Speeches. ENJOY :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment