Families

My my, over a week since my last post. Oh well. So I started doing this thing where I call each of my siblings to talk to them personally every week. At first it was just kind of an idea that seemed really nice to me, to stay so connected to family. Now, it's something that I definitely do. I talked to Darci last Thursday, Kolby on Monday, Melissa Thursday, and Braden pretty much every day this week because of the fiasco that's been applying for a passport.  In addition, I call my mom/sometimes dad almost every other day, sometimes multiple times in a day in attempting to get ahold of Melissa or Kolby.

I love how I feel when I am close to my family. I love knowing what is going on in their lives and just checking in every so often. The thought just occurred to me, what if instead of gossiping to be "in the know" on who-likes-who and whatever other trash we fill ourselves with, we spent the time to know what's going on in the lives of our family members? I'm convicned that if that were the case, there would be a lot less problems in high school. I'm glad I'm at college, where I can just refuse to be a part of it - it's awesome!

Anyhow, families are incredible, and they last for all eternity, so treat them right! Those of you away from home, try out sibling calling, you'll love it. Those of you at home, try forgoing the usual Sunday afternoon nap to spend quality time with a sibling, it does wonders. Those of you without siblings....gosh I don't identify with you that well, but spend time hanging out with your parents, or even your grandparents, they're the coolest!

I love my family!




0 comments:

Post a Comment